Magazine Cover Review

My first impression of the articles was that they were all like the ones my mother usually reads at home. I had the feeling they were going to be very boring and were going to be filled with ads and news about the world and its issues. The covers attract attention by Bulging big Font at the front of the magazines which shows you a fact about anything interesting and grabs your attention. Some also advertise or offer cooking ideas and menu is which attracts mother's into buying the magazine. 

A great magazine cover I looked at was that of Oprah's magazine. A fun fact about it is that Oprah always shows up on the front of her magazines except for one time when she posted a police brutality victim and her story. This magazine is a feminist related article which is what Oprah is known for. 

Another magazine I saw was "Vogue", as I said before, this article had bold letters for its brand name, so the viewers see the famous brand and it attracts attention. This one was centered around Rihanna where she was wearing many men clothes. 

A great article I saw was named, “Better homes and Gardens”. This article idea was meant for stay at home mom’s with children and a nice house, usually these women have a lot of money. It advertises Halloween ideas and many other festive dates and sells you cooking recipes or books. These magazines are also to keep stay at home people up to date with the problems going on around the world.

My favorite article I saw was “GQ”, why? Because first of it was all about Travis Scott and they made him and the color themes in his clothes and backgrounds look cool, catching people’s attention. The other reason is the fact that on these magazines models usually wear ties and suits whilst Travis is barely wearing any clothes and is showing off his tattoos and body. There is also a monthly content page on designs and outfits.

One last article I saw was “Sports illustrated”. This cover had a pretty woman on the cover used to attract men into this article about sports clothing and design. Cover contained light colored backgrounds and suits, Swimming advertisements, women in bathing suits and advertised other articles about the same topic, Perfume ads and Finally a picture of all different women and their sizes.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Final Draft: The Trip