Title Sequence Clips

  My first impression of the clips was that they all used different ways to start their movies. Comedy movies developed the main character in the first few minutes while horror introduced the problem and the antagonist and leaving you startled and scared. They also foreshadowed most of the remaining part of the movie just by putting some characteristics in the small seconds of the beginning. 

A great opening scene I watched was that of "Pulp fiction" because it slowly builds up the characters as they are talking to each other. In these few moments u realize the characteristics of the actors. They also explain their problems and how they live and the grudges they have and more which details the beginning of the movie.

Another great opening scene I watched was that of the movie "Scream" where they introduced the antagonist of the Story and kept a suspenseful feeling the whole time. It also scares the viewers and makes them want to know what happens next as well as not wanting to know. In fear, viewers will be pay attention as the movie starts off at a steady pace and slowly accelerates as does your heartbeat. 

A great clip I saw as well was that of the movie "The Lion King". It was an exhilarating feeling just watching all the animals round up to watch the prince be baptized. The feeling in that scene was happiness and joy which was meant into attracting the audience into the movie. It creates an adventurous mood and foreshadows the rest of the movie with highlights. 

One last clip I enjoyed watching was from the movie " Saturday night fever". This movie a huge foreshadow of what the movie was going to be showing. The beginning of the movie shows the school and all the different groups of people hanging out. It foreshadows that the movie is going to consist of drinking, drugs and pills. 

My current position with making my film portfolio is that I would rather write a newspaper. My reasons are because I do not have any experience with making or filming anything and because I do not have the capability to edit it once it is completed. I believe I would complete a better newspaper for my portfolio rather than making a film.

Quotes-

It doubles back on itself, telling several interlocking stories about characters who inhabit a world of crime and intrigue, triple-crosses and loud desperation. -Roger Ebert

 https://www.rogerebert.com/reviews/pulp-fiction-1994

 The typography and visual style created in the opening sequence can establish the mood and image system not only for the film you are about to watch.- Merrill miles 

https://go.gale.com/ps/retrieve.do?tabID=T002&resultListType=RESULT_LIST&searchResultsType=SingleTab&hitCount=72&searchType=AdvancedSearchForm&currentPosition=41&docId=GALE%7CA124009424&docType=Article&sort=Relevance&contentSegment=ZONE-MOD1&prodId=AONE&pageNum=3&contentSet=GALE%7CA124009424&searchId=R4&userGroupName=fl_sarhs&inPS=true




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Final Draft: The Trip