To Team or Not To Team

 

Blog Post

Week 8

Luca Patarini

To team or not to Team

I decided to work on the end of the year portfolio with partners because my friends are hard working and, through our arguments and conversations, we always come up with the best decision with a little bit of everybody’s say in it. With the “Social media peer account” I was able to learn a little more about my friend not because of his social media but because of the questions I was asked about him. Otherwise, in the “Lost at sea” team-building activity, we got to join together and choose which answers would be best and putting all our opinions in each answer evenly. In the end we came pretty close to the right answers as well!

In the articles I read, I learned a little more about teamwork and how it affects us all when used. It helps each person view different sides of an answer or question bringing everybody closer to the real answer and possibly getting it correct. It also characterized who you should work with and to make sure to stay away from the people who you know do not work and only work in groups to get a decent grade.

In my group, I have my two long time friends and hard workers, Jonah Seldin Schneider and Alec Miller who in the past, maybe not in this class, I have worked with and ended up with good grade. I decided to work with Jonah because he is, not only a close friend, but also really hard worker, I cannot remember a time he did not get a good grade on an assignment. Alec miller is also a friend, but he is in our group because he is very persistent and that is what we need in our group, he always wants to get stuff done and finish it as soon as possible.

In conclusion I believe this will be a good and hard-working group because our strengths fill each other weaknesses. Some examples of that are, Alec and Jonah have two different paces but when put together lead to a perfectly steady working speed. I for example am not a very good neat writer which is in Jonah’s strengths to be good at writing and wording. Also, me and Jonah do not have experience with cameras, Alec, although, is a very skillful camera man which will help us a lot with filming. Lastly, I am a very good drawer and in the occasion we have to draw some part or a plan for our project my strength would take place. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Final Draft: The Trip